They say variety is the spice of life, but I’d say that spontaneity is what really gets things going!
With that said, when your boyfriend sends a Eurostar ticket directly to your work email and tells you to leave for Paris in 4 hours, apart from sheer joy, your initial reaction is likely to be “How can I possibly pack for 3 days in less than an hour” (Or is that just me?)
I have been to Paris many times, but this trip was particularly special for me as it was the first time I was able to experience the magical romance of which the city is best known for. It was also My Starr’s first time here too so it was fun to show him the sights and do all the things that one must do when in Paris; Selfies in front of the Eiffel Tower, guided tour of the Arc de Triomphe and lock our love on the Pont des Arts bridge. We saw Nicki Minaj perform live at 79 club (I am convinced that all celebs minus Uma Turman are literally 5 foot nothing) and dined at my favourite restaurant, Pershing Hall.
I won’t bore you with a rundown of all the amazing places we visited – but if you are ever in town, below are my recommendations of places you must visit:
- Matignon – Where the cool kids hang! Thriving outdoor terrace for drinks with club downstairs.
- Pershing Hall – Stunning decor with mood lighting and indoor wall of foliage. Food is out of this world.
- Fouquets – Great for people watching if you can get a seat outside.
- Laduree – Afternoon tea gets no better than this. And if tea is not your thing, their world famous macarons will be!
- Champs elysees – The west end of Paris – feed your shopping addictions here.
- Bagatelle – Stunning gardens located near the forest makes for a memorable dining experience. Ask for a guided tour of the Chateau too if you have time!
- La Cantine – Trendy bar located near Le Matignon, for those who prefer a more chilled vibe.
Oh and if you use Uber in the UK, you can also use it in Paris too! It’s a lot cheaper than the local taxi’s who work on a meter.
* All images taking on iphone 5s by My Starr *